The Fondation Chirezi has been granted by the Reseau des Baptisseurs de Paix au Congo to conduct a rapid response project to combat acts of mob justice led by youth against the elders suspected sorcerers in the communities.
Worried about the extent of these ignominies which constitute the potential source of conflicts that are likely to escalate in multiple forms and devoid of necessary financial means of intervention, 3 community Baraza accompanied by the FOCHI in 3 respective villages of this community: Makobola, Bangwe and Swima, where international organizations are absent, solicited financial support of the FOCHI to sensitize communities, community political leaders and other partners from the local civil society in the community sector of Tanganyika in the territory of Fizi to allow those last to contribute effectively to peace in their respective villages and refuse to support bad ideologies and spiritualists manipulation that can still bring conflict and raise violence within their respective communities.
b. Actions taken
- Fact 2 meetings with the 3 baraza committees concerned to identify community leaders (youth, political and administrative authorities, military authorities and members of civil society) to be invited to the training.
- Fact training on peace and the fight against the mob justice;
- Plays 2 theatres on peace and the fight against vigilantism in public (under the mango tree) by the theatrical troupe LUMIERE.
C. results achieved
- Anyone suspected witch will be transferred to the authorities politico–administrative local competent to judge;
- All participants in the training will make a wide awareness of the acquits of this training in their respective communities for the respect and the implementation of this result;
- A person who will get justice and/or sow an ideology to mob justice will be brought to justice.